As days pass by, the covid horror is seeping through the minds of the people. Awareness, precautions, social distancing and every necessary measure has become the most observed ritual of recent times.
People continue to stay home and stay safe except a few who are not able to figure out regulating practices for their stress and energy while exposing others to the risk as well.
As we continue to stay home, we have become so aware of our surroundings, the nook and corners get due attention while cleaning. The kitchen rack shines brighter than ever and the wardrobes are rearranged.
Finally, a little more scrubbing and dusting will wipe the paints off the surface.
“Sleep well, sweet dreams” has been nullified as sleep refuses to generate new dreams for our 15 – 16 hours of sleep, hence, embracing ‘repeat’ mode.
Just a few weeks back, we craved for free time and dreamt of quick retirement. Now, we have all the time in the world while we are still in our hustling age.
Free time and health are two blessings which never came to an individual in sync. And, here we are, having free time while we are healthy.
So, seizing the opportunity and squeezing the best out of it, we got to reflect and reflect and reflect a bit more on ourselves. In all odds, we can still grow on a personally, professionally and spiritually.
Listed here are few things by which you can make the best out of these days you have in hand with your health by your side.
- Wake up early and take your daily dose of Vitamin D in your windows, balconies and verandas.
- Make sure you dress up well, even if you are alone. Make your hair, apply moisturizer. It’s a ‘look good, feel good’ tip.
- Get at cooking and eat healthily.
- Bond with your family by having all meals together. You’ll discover the beauty and the true essence of your family as you learn to co-exist.
- Learning a new skill should be on your agenda. Stitching, art, painting, cooking, sketching and many more. Every little detailing from the beginners perspective is on the net. Get started right away.
- Exercise is a must. Exercising not only helps us with weight management or muscle toning but, also with feeling fresh, staying active and energized with releasing all the negatives and making way for positive vibes.
- Take out time for spiritual knowledge and growth. Pray. We can also level by profoundly studying any religion of our choice which intrigues us the most. Our busy schedule hardly spared us time to look for answers to the question about other religions, hence, clinging on to the misconceptions. Clearing the misconception will be your contribution to an accommodating society.
- Spend quality time with our little ones. You have children, do not let this time pass by without strengthening your rapport with your kids. As for them, this is just a big holiday, unaware of the intensity of the situation. Regulating our stress sensitively is highly required as this might leave a deep scar on the little minds.
- Restrict yourself to one movie or two episodes of your favorite series a day. We do not want this lock down to bring out couch potatoes and new health problems through binge-watching.
- A video call or a voice call to a friend, relative is as great as the other ways. It helps you to keep in touch and to keep a check on the other if in case they are doing alright.
- Develop a reading habit. Start by reading short stories then moving on to novels. it is a great way of increasing knowledge while improving our communication skills.
- Go to bed early, and avoid using smartphones 20 minutes before your bedtime, as it helps your eye muscles to relax leading to a night of deep sleep.
- With all these in action, do remember to reflect. Reflect on yourselves. In the earlier rush, we hardly got time, to look back on our actions, did we hurt anyone, is there a scope of improvement in our behavior, can we become more friendly and be more polite to the office boy. Have an attitude check. No one is perfect and there is always room for improvement, and wise is the one who is always ready for change and improvement.
With all the tips, I hope it will help you to plan your day while optimistically utilizing your free time along with your health.
How much do you agree with this article and do you have any better way to make the best use of the day? Do let us know in the comments.